- How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath
- Everything You Need To Know About Fruit Juice
- Best After Sun Lotion Recipes
- Best Natural Sunscreen Recipes
- 25 Homemade Face Masks for Dry Skin
- Best Homemade Body Scrub Recipes
- 20 Homemade Hair Treatments For Damaged Hair
- 10 Healthy Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
- 10 Cellulite Treatments You Can Do At Home
- 20 Homemade Face Masks for Oily Skin
Best Homemade Body Scrub Recipes
3. Homemade Body Scrub with Coffee Grounds, Olive Oil and Cinnamon
By increasing the body’s capacity for lipolysis and detoxification, this homemade coffee scrub is ideal for quick treatment of cellulite and localized fat deposits and helps prevent stretch marks and premature skin aging.
What you need:
- ½ cup of finely ground espresso or coffee beans
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
Why you need them:
Caffeine enhances fat metabolism so when it is applied directly to the skin, coffee absorbs and removes excess water and fat from the body tissues, thus decreasing the appearance of cellulite.
Olive oil is packed with powerful antioxidants (like hydroxytyrosol and vitamin E) which help in preventing cell degeneration in your skin, thus preventing stretch marks and premature aging. Antioxidants fight the damage caused by free radicals – a loss of collagen and elastin, two things that keep your skin looking young, toned and firm.
Olive oil can also help treat microbial skin infections and stimulates the process of skin healing, soothing and healing skin irritations.
Cinnamon helps exfoliate dead flaky skin cells, improves blood circulation, helps treat eczema and acne, reduces the signs of aging and kills harmful bacteria growth. Cinnamon used on the skin seems to increase collagen levels for up to six hours after it is applied.
How to make the body scrub:
If you have whole coffee beans, finely grind them in a grinder (coffee beans should be finely ground so they don’t scratch your skin). If you just made coffee, you can use the freshly brewed coffee grounds, although they won’t contain as much caffeine.
Combine the coffee grounds, the olive oil and the cinnamon into a bowl.
Use the coffee scrub on the areas affected by cellulite by massaging in circular motions. For a more intense effect, wrap the areas you’ve massaged with plastic wrap and leave the scrub on for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the foil, then rinse the scrub off with lukewarm water.
Use this homemade body scrub three times a week for at least a month to achieve excellent results in the fight against cellulite. Warming and rejuvenating, this body scrub is ideal during cold winter months.