- How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath
- Everything You Need To Know About Fruit Juice
- Best After Sun Lotion Recipes
- Best Natural Sunscreen Recipes
- 25 Homemade Face Masks for Dry Skin
- Best Homemade Body Scrub Recipes
- 20 Homemade Hair Treatments For Damaged Hair
- 10 Healthy Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
- 10 Cellulite Treatments You Can Do At Home
- 20 Homemade Face Masks for Oily Skin
20 Homemade Hair Treatments For Damaged Hair
2. Damaged Hair Treatment with Shea Butter, Grape Seed Oil and Sandalwood Essential Oil
This rich treatment deeply moisturizes and repairs damaged hair, while providing a protective barrier for the hair from heat and styling products.
Rich in minerals and vitamins and famous for its moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties, shea butter can do wonders for hair that has been damaged by excessive coloring, styling and environmental pollution. It conditions the scalp and detangles, moisturizes, repairs and restores lifeless damaged hair. Being rich in vitamins A, E and F, it soothes dryness, repairs breakage and mends split ends.
Grape seed oil helps to moisturize both scalp and hair. The oil is very light and it can penetrate easily into the hair, so it goes directly to every hair cuticle, seals in the moisture, and strengthens every hair strand. If well moisturized, the hair is no longer vulnerable to breakage, brittleness, or split ends.
Sandalwood essential oil hydrates and softens dry and damaged hair by attracting and retaining moisture in the hair, smooths hair cuticles and boosts shine.
In order to restore life to damaged, dull hair, warm up equal quantities of 100% natural shea butter and grape seed oil in a double boiler. Let the oils cool for a few minutes, then add 5 drops of sandalwood essential oil and massage the mixture into your scalp and your hair strands. Leave it on for half an hour covered by a towel or a shower cap, and then just rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
Use this treatment for damaged hair at least twice a week.